As a car dealership your business needs to be visible to get people in your showroom and aware of your services. Sure people may drive past your premises and word of mouth always helps, but can these really keep your dealership afloat?
To really shine and attract the maximum number of customers you need a diverse marketing strategy and this should include SEO. SEO is the process of optimizing your web content for specific keywords that customers might search for when trying to find your car dealership.
But why does this matter and what exactly do SEO services entail? Using our expert knowledge we share wit
1. To Rank Your Website Higher on Search Engines
- The main benefit of SEO services for your car dealer is to rank higher on search engines. By search engines we basically mean Google but there are others too like Bing and DuckDuckGo which can be a great source of business too.
- Let’s look at a scenario – you want to buy a new car and you don’t want to travel far to view it and have a test drive. You open your Chrome browser on your Samsung and type in “BMW car dealers Essex”. This brings up a list of local car dealers in Essex – you click on the second option.
- That whole scenario was enabled by SEO. That second website appeared on the first page of your Google search because it had excellent SEO for the keyphrase “BMW car dealers Essex”. Hopefully, you can now see the potential power SEO has to get you ranked on Google!
2. To Increase Website Traffic and Clicks
Building on the above point the ultimate end goal is to increase your visibility, web traffic, and clicks. SEO does this simply by making your website rank higher on search engines like Google.
Just think of the millions of people in the UK who use Google daily to search for things. If your website is appearing on the first page of search results you have a much greater chance of people clicking on your site and using your dealership!
3. To Increase Brand Awareness and Online Presence
Of course one of the best aspects of SEO is the tangible increase in traffic but there is also the intangible benefit of a boost to your brand awareness.
Successful businesses and car dealers are well-known and their name is everywhere. This is not by chance – it’s because the company has worked hard to craft its online presence and increase brand awareness.
SEO helps do this as it greatly improves the visibility of your company – the more visible you are, the more you stick in people’s minds, and the more trust is gained.
4. To Help You Identify Potential New Markets
It can be difficult to find new customer bases and know where the right people are who would buy vehicles from your dealership or use your services.
SEO can help with this and show you potentially untapped markets or new avenues of business. This is primarily achieved by keyword research. During the initial SEO phase you need to research keywords to then optimize your content around.
Tools like Google Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer have some incredible tools that allow you to find phrases that are not highly contested. You can also find local keywords which could enable you to target previously unknown local markets.
Examples of Car Dealer SEO Services
Yes SEO can really be that impactful so using a business like an automotive SEO agency is a great benefit especially if you are struggling to get new customers into your showroom. But what exactly can you expect from car dealer SEO services? It all sounds fantastic but how does this work in practice? Some of the main processes involved in SEO include:
– Keyword research
– Web page optimization
– Content marketing
– Site audits
Keyword research is typically the starting point as this is what search engines like Google are based on. These are words that customers will type into searches to find your business like “car dealer in XXX”, where XXX might be your region. Extensive research is done to find the best keywords for your business.
With these keywords drafted, optimization of your website and content marketing can then begin. This includes incorporating keywords into your web pages and making sure they are optimized so that Google can index and rank everything smoothly.
Things like blogs and information articles might also be written to boost keyword use and provide valuable information to your customers. This is complemented by complete site audits that show potential weaknesses like slow loading times, poor mobile optimization, or a lack of META tags.
SEO for your car dealer website is one of the best ways to increase traffic and get more people to your showroom. As more and more businesses go digital and implement online marketing strategies, it’s essential that you try and keep ahead of the curve to make sure your car dealership shines and outperforms the competition.