Frequently Asked Questions
What does an SEO Consultant Do?
A good SEO consultant will perform various tasks as part of the SEO campaign such as; competitor research, SEO audit, On-page and Off-page SEO. However, the main job of a consultant is to help optimise your website so it ranks higher in Google. If you’re a SAB (Service Area Business) then targeting your local towns and cities is typically to the best route to go, this is referred to a local SEO. It’s a lot easier to rank with local SEO as you’re only competing with the sites in your local area.
A great consultant will carry out throughout keyword search to ensure your page ranks for multiple variations of the same term. For Example, “SEO consultants London” is a different variant of “SEO consulting London” yet they both carry the same intent. Utilising keyword variation in your strategies can literally be the difference in generating 20 enquiries a month instead of 5.
How much does an SEO Consultant cost?
This is dependant on exactly what you want to achieve. For example, If you run a waste removal business and would like to be on page 1 for “Waste removal London” then that would be a lot cheaper then if you wanted to rank on page one for “insurance company London”.
Some consultants will charge for a one-off SEO consultation, this is typically best suited for small businesses who do not have the capital to invest in a fully fledged SEO campaign.
Get in touch with us today to find out exactly how we can help your company.
Should I hire an SEO company or a consultant?
This depends on your budget and the scope of the campaign. Both options will be able to help you grow your organic traffic so it comes down to preference. We recommend to always go for the latter as you get a more boutique and personal service.
Just make sure you check to see if the offer includes important services like link building.
My company is not based in the UK, can you still help?
Yes. We are based in London UK however we service clients throughout Europe and even have a few in the states.
I’ve heard the term link building before, what exactly does it mean?
Link building refers to the process of acquiring backlinks to your website. A backlink is mention of your website on an external website, its often referred to as a vote from another website to yours. Google uses backlinks in their algorithm and is one of the biggest Off-page ranking signals a site can have. However, as with anything in SEO, quality overrules quantity.
Why Do You Need An Experienced Consultant?
Ranking in Googles search engine is pretty simple once you know who the algorithm works. Figuring out how it works is not so simple, this is the main reason why I provide professional SEO consultancy as there’s so much room for growth and opportunity for ambitious business owners. Whether you need simple changes implemented on your website like meta descriptions changes, or whether you need help formulating a comprehensive SEO strategy, you can be confident I can help.
If you own a local business looking for a specialised local SEO service then there’s a high chance you’ve been pondering how to make that next leap forward. As an SEO expert in London, I can help you find your footing and grow.
Get in touch today if you need SEO help.
How SEO works step by step?
Understanding how SEO works can is simple when you look at it from an overview.
SEO can be split into 2 categories, Onpage SEO and Offpage SEO.
Onpage involves making all the tweaks and optimisations on your website to increase its visibility. Offpage involves any activity taken externally from your website to increase its online visibility, for example link building.
How do I find an SEO consultant?
Here’s 6 easy steps to find an SEO Consultant
- Firstly ask around in your immediate network as someone you know may already have someone they highly recommend and have used in the past
- Search for “SEO consultant + your city” and submit a few enquiries with the top ranking websites. If a consultant is ranking highly for a term like this then its a good sign they actually know SEO.
- Go to local meet ups and meet local SEO consultants in your area face to face. Meeting face to face really helps when it comes to getting to know someone a little better. This was all help you make the best decision.
- Check out review websites like Cluctch.co to see what companies and consultants they recommend.
- Join SEO related facebook groups and post your job and requirements in there. Facebook groups are a great way to meet tons of talented individuals.
- Contact web design agencies in your city and ask who their preferred SEO partner is.
How do I hire someone for SEO?
5 easy steps to hire someone for SEO
- Reach out to the individual and ask them to review your website
- Once reviewed its time to host a one-to-one interview to tell them exactly what you’re looking to achieve. Make sure you request for them to send you some keyword examples for the campaign.
- Review the keywords and amend to suit your goals
- Determine the ROI you can expect the generate what’s you’re ranked for these keywords. You can determine your ROI by using the monthly search volumes couple with the industry standard CTRs.
- Sign the proposal and request for monthly reporting to ensure you are in the loop on whats happening with your campaign.
How much money do SEO consultants make?
The average salary for an SEO consultant in the UK is £30,418. This is relatively low when you think about the potential ROI a consultant can add to a business.