Are you a business owner who needs to stay current with every news update? While most people have succumbed to having to rely on social media updates, it could be tiring and less effective. This is where RSS feeds come in. It is a wonder why they are less spoken of.
Although RSS feeds are one of the effective ways to improve your brand’s SEO ranking; they are unfortunately, underrated.
This may be because most business owners have no idea about RSS feeds or they don’t understand how it works.
In this article, everything you need to know about RSS feeds including what they are, why they are important, and how they can be utilised to improve your SEO ranking will be discussed. Grab a jotter before you read on!
What Is A RSS Feed?
RSS feeds are recognized to be a handy way of keeping track of new content on websites you are interested in, without having to check them all the time, which in turn, helps you channel your energy and focus on more important things.
RSS, which stands for “Really Simple Syndication” is a format for delivering content from websites to readers. Despite being the most powerful tool to stay on track, it is pretty much a straightforward process.
All you need to do is subscribe to an RSS feed which automatically informs your reader to keep you regularly updated by sending you an alert (usually in the form of an email or a notification), this way, you never miss the chance to remain on the top.
It is typical for a professional SEO consultant to recommend utilising RSS feeds if you need to keep up with your favourite sites but don’t have the time to visit them all every day or if you are constantly on the go.
How Can An RSS Feed Help With SEO?
- RSS feeds have been used to help with SEO for a long time, it’s a surprise why they are becoming abandoned.
In the early days of the internet, keeping up with the ever-changing keyword was challenging for search engines. This issue became bigger, especially with website updates, which would often go unnoticed by the search engines.
To deal with this recurring problem, website owners and bloggers started using RSS Feeds. When a business signs up for RSS Feeds, it provides a way for websites to share their content automatically with other websites. When a website syndicates your RSS Feed, they are essentially saying “We trust this website enough and think you also should”.
It is this trust that helps improve and also determines how SEO rankings will be. By syndicating your content to high-quality websites, you are basically telling the search engine that your website is trustworthy and worth ranking higher than others.
What Are The RSS Feeds SEO Benefits?
Many people seem to be confused about RSS feed SEO benefits. They wonder if RSS feeds, in any way, will help improve their SEO rankings.
Well, now that you know what an RSS feed is, it is also good to know that RSS feeds offer many important SEO benefits not only for website owners but also for readers.
For website owners:
RSS feeds provide a simple way to syndicate content and increase traffic which is an RSS feed SEO benefit all businesses covet.
– When you provide an RSS feed for your content, you are making it relatively easy for readers to subscribe and automatically receive updates when new content is published from your end.
Doing this helps to increase your website traffic and automatically improve your SEO rankings.
You don’t have to worry about visiting many websites just to stay current. RSS feeds offer a practical and convenient way to keep up with the latest news and updates from your favourite websites.
– You can stay up-to-date on the latest news and developments in your respective fields by using a variety of tools and readers to customise your RSS feeds to get only the information you are interested in.
How Can I Make My RSS Feed More Effective?
- Although many people are sceptical about RSS feed SEO benefits, using these feeds guarantees an easier process of staying alert in your industry.
- However, if you want to enjoy its benefits to the fullest, here are a few things you can do to make sure your RSS feed is as effective as possible.
- 1. First and foremost, you want to make sure your titles are keyword rich and that they concisely reflect the content of your article. Doing this helps improve your SEO ranking and ensure that your content is being seen by the target audience.
- 2. Secondly, to stay competitive, you have to make sure you are using only top-quality images in your RSS feed. Besides being considered a professional by your readers, these images help to break up the texts into segments to make your content more visually appealing. All of which are significant in improving your SEO ranking.
- 3. Finally, be sure to include an anchor link to your website in your RSS feed. This is encouraged as it helps to redirect readers back to your website and allows them to explore more of what you have to offer.
Are RSS Feeds Important In 2023?
- Yes! Whether as a business owner or a reader, you can’t afford to abandon RSS feeds as they will continue to be an important factor for SEO ranking in 2023 or even more important as long as search engines continue to evolve. Why not leverage RSS feed SEO benefits now and optimise your content for the best search engine results?
How Can I Get Started With RSS Feeds?
- Ok, so now that you are ready to get started with RSS feeds, do you need some help to show you how? Here’s a quick guide to help you out:
- 1. The first step you need to take is to find an RSS reader. There are many different options available, both for desktop and mobile.
- 2. As an experienced SEO agency, we recommend using Feedly, as this is one of the most popular and user-friendly RSS readers out there.
- Once you have your RSS reader set up, the next step is to have a customised RSS feed. You can do this by adding your favourite websites’ RSS feeds to it.
- It is a very simple process, all you need to do is either look for the orange RSS icon on the website’s homepage and copy the URL into your reader OR search for your favourite website within your RSS reader and simply add it to your feed.
- There you have it! Now that you are subscribed to your favourite websites’ latest content, you get to enjoy it all in one place, with minimal effort.
- Apparently, there are a lot of RSS feed SEO benefits you can’t afford to lose. They not only help your SEO campaign by boosting your ranking, and keeping your site updated, but also help you connect with your audience.
- If you are yet to get started with RSS feeds, start using them today and explore the benefits for yourself.
- Nonetheless, our team of professionals are available for consultations if you need to reach the full potential of your business by utilising only effective strategies that will transform your business into a marketing giant. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today!