Top 5 WordPress Plugins for SEO
Search engines are responsible for plenty of traffic on most websites. Given just how key a role they play, it’s necessary for you to acquaint yourself with the best SEO tips and plugins that will enhance the reception of your website to the masses.
In today’s article, we’ll be looking to share some of the best WordPress Plugins for SEO.
1 – Yoast SEO
People love the plugin because it provides them with a comprehensive solution for all their on-site SEO needs. Using it, you can add an SEO title, a relevant meta description, and slot in some meta keywords for every post on your pages.
The plugin is robust enough to allow for the customisation of titles for your main site, archives, and tag pages. If you’re looking to play around with your content, you’ll love the fact that the plugin includes Open Graph meta data, Sitemaps, Twitter Cards, and the power to ping search engines whenever you make changes tour website.
Some of the standout features of the plugin are:
- The page analysis tool
- XML Sitemaps functionality
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimisation
The page analysis is a definite gem because it ensures that you’re always on the right track. Its intuitive interface further adds to the allure.
2 – All in One SEO Pack
This particular plugin offers stiff competition to Yoast SEO. If you’re looking to test out its features, you can opt to begin with the free plugin before you decide to pay for some premium services.
On the premium version, you get access to real-time customer support, plus the ability to join support forums and video screencasts.
If you’re charged with the running of an e-commerce store, you definitely need to try out the advanced WooCommerce support. There, you’ll get plenty of insights about how to better manage your business.
Some of the other amazing attributes are:
- The plugin is intuitive enough for beginners to find their feet and powerful enough for advanced users to keep using it.
- The plugin is translated into 57 languages, this makes it a viable option for a significant population of the world
- If you’re running an agency or a multi-site organisation, chances are that you’ll enjoy using this plugin because of the affordability and convenience aspects.
3 – SEO Framework
This plugin is ideal for those who want to work with a powerful plugin that is able to function without any disturbing ads or upsells running in the background.
The plugin design is simplistic since the developers spent most of their time developing a plugin that is able to meet your website needs. SEO Framework is a great choice if you’re looking to maintain highs speeds on your site without having to spend plenty of time perusing complex SEO articles.
Despite having mentioned that the interface is simplistic in nature, the API is open for advanced users to play around. Having started as a project in the WPMUDEV community, it has morphed through the years to become freely available to all and sundry.
Some other cool features are:
- You don’t need to install a separate comment spamming extension since it’s already available on this plugin
- Most of the SEO configurations are ready-made which means you don’t have to waste time trying to find the most appropriate combination
- There’s a local SEO extension suitable for companies which need to set up and display crucial information about their local enterprise.
- It functions uniquely from other plugins. While most of them are all about the keyword, SEO framework objectively deals with the focus subject. This tends to inspire more natural writing because Google is capable of seeing synonyms in SERPs as one and the same thing
4 – SEOPress
Notably, even the free version doesn’t have footprints. Using it, you can swiftly manage all your meta descriptions and titles with ease.
You can also come up with XML and HTML sitemaps, monitor what your visitors are doing with Google Analytics, and make some optimisations to your tags using Open Graph and Twitter Cards for easy sharing on social media platforms.
In the free version, you also have access to content analysis which is a shining attribute among webmasters. Using it, most of them are able to develop better SEO optimised posts. If you’re a developer, you’ll love the fact that you can make use of more than 75 hooks to tailor the plugin as you’d like.
Some of the features on the premium version include:
- Video and Google News XML sitemaps
- Local business SEO
- Redirections and 404 tracking
- Google Structured Data Types
- WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads optimisations
5 – Rank Math
This great plugin is quite comprehensive. It’s robust enough to allow you to quickly transform your SEO strategy.
Rank Math is able to utilise the functionality of multiple plugins on your WordPress website and streamlines all of them into a single easy-to-manage plugin that is not bulky.
The plugin enables you to easily manage on-page SEO of your posts, products, pages, and a range of other taxonomies. As a webmaster, you also have access to no archive meta tags in a number of other pages.
The beauty of Rank Math lies in the fact that it seamlessly integrates with Google Search Console to bring you all the necessary information you need right inside your WordPress dashboard. Crucial information like keywords to rank for, the search impressions of your website, and errors on your page are all accessible from the admin console.
Other awesome features are:
- You don’t need to install another plugin for breadcrumbs since it comes with the package
- Rich snippets support. You can choose from a range of snippets like Video, Article, Local Business, Recipes, Event, and Product.
- Has a 404 monitor which means you can quickly spot where the errors are
- Clean user interface
- Ability to ping search engines once you make edits