We are sure that you have heard about the importance of SEO and why it matters for your eCommerce store. It is a cornerstone of successful online stores and something that you must invest in to boost your traffic, give customers an engaging shopping experience and ultimately get those sales.
But how do you boost SEO and in what areas could your eCommerce store be improved? As an eCommerce SEO agency, we use our knowledge below to give you five simple strategies that will allow you to improve your store SEO and take your eCommerce business to the next level.
1. Utilize Keyword Research to Optimize Store Content
- Keywords are one of the prime ways to boost SEO for your eCommerce store and you must do extensive research to find the right ones. You can use tools like Google Keyword Planner to find keywords relating to your products and business and see how difficult they are to rank for. Keywords are what someone will search for on Google to find your products and services. Therefore, if you can optimize your eCommerce store for relative keywords, you have a much better chance of ranking higher on Google when people search for those terms! Higher ranking = more traffic and sales!
2. Make Sure Products are Logically Organized
I hate visiting an online store and spending half the time simply trying to locate products because the site has no structure or organization.
This is a basic SEO strategy but it’s surprising how many eCommerce sites don’t follow these basic rules. If you have multiple products, they should be organized into categories in a logical way that customers can easily understand.
The simplest way to do this is to use product categories to segment your products logically. Look at the products you sell and make sure they are listed as simply and logically as possible. This makes it easier for crawlers to access and index the pages, but it also gives your customers a much better shopping experience.
3. Audit Your Store and Fix Any Technical Errors
An online store must be kept up to date with fresh information but it must also have sound technical SEO. We advise auditing your eCommerce store periodically to look for common technical errors like:
- – Slow page loading speeds
- – Unoptimized product images
- – Broken page links
- – Duplicate content
- – Out-of-date sitemaps
These all hurt SEO and can make it difficult for Google to index your pages properly but issues like slow loading speeds and broken links are also highly frustrating for visitors and these are ways that you could lose potential sales.
4. Add Additional Content to Product Pages
How many times have you opened a product page on an online store only to find virtually no descriptive text or information about what you want to buy?
This is incredibly frustrating and it can leave customers feeling unsure about your company and product.
To boost your SEO and improve user engagement, your product pages should be fleshed out with additional content. This could be in-depth product descriptions, how-to guides, or buying tips. This firstly gives users more insight, but you can also optimize this content with keywords.
5. Utilize Tools Like Google Analytics
All of the above might sound a little intimidating and overwhelming – we get that but don’t worry. There is a range of amazing SEO tools available – many of which are free, that can help with these SEO strategies and make sure you are heading in the right direction.
A great example is Google Analytics which is a free tool that provides you with heaps of useful metrics and data relating to your online store. You can see things like traffic on different pages and demographic information about website visitors which can then be put to good use to improve your SEO further.
Optimize Your Store Today to Boost SEO and Traffic
Don’t get left behind and fall short compared to your competition with poor SEO. Most of these five strategies are simple to implement and you should see a fantastic improvement in your SEO which will ultimately lead to more traffic and sales.